Hope this doesn’t get rejected (yet another EGP prototype): “The Job”
And here we go for another (last minute) entry for the Experimental Gameplay Project! This month: Rejection.
Well, it is more a prototype than a game, but I will call it “game” anyway, simply because it sounds better this way.
Anyway, in the game you will be tested if you are good enough for The Job. It is sort of an art game, and it isn’t really good. To say anything more would be a spoiler, only so much: Yes, this game has an end.
Fun facts about the game:
- Due to time constraints, I changed the concept at least 3 times. (Which might be the reason why it’s hard to solve. Or why it isn’t any fun. Like, at all.)
- Since this is my first plattformer, I learnt much stuff about how they are developed. Or rather, how they aren’t. And when I think about it, it doesn’t really have any platforms, although the engine would allow it. Hu.
- None of my recruted-in-a-hurry beta testers could beat the game without help.
- Don’t try to insert artsy messages at last minute. It simply doesn’t work.
Oh, and some useful facts:
- This time my engine of choice was the Simple and Fast Multimedia Library – great thing!
- Developing editors is hard. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t found this great tutorial on gametuto.com
Here’s a screenshot:
Edit: Since this prototype wasn’t any fun at all, I decided to stop wasting everyones time and took the download down. I suggest you head over to the fine other games I have here at the blog!